Thursday, January 26, 2012

The First of Many! (Inception and beyond)

Like many I am getting prepared to watch the "Oscars"  I printed my list of nominees and I am shocked at how many of the movies I have yet to see or even peak my interest this year.  Someone please watch "the desendents" and explain why I should see that movie.  Maybe it will surprise me like "up in the air" 

Ok so yesterday I saw "Inception" for the first time.  I know I know old movie.  Everyone had said it was confusing and it takes a few watches.  I personally was not confused.  However I do feel the ending was up for interpertation which is my least favorite endings.  If anyone has a comment on how they feel about the ending or that it wasn't open ended please let me know. 

I love Leo Dicaprio's movies however It tends to take me longer to go see them because honestly it's work watching them.  I only watched "Inception" because I couldn't sleep as usual and I heard Tom Hardy was in it.  I am eager to see the new Batman and I wanted to see how he was.  I don't really remember him In "Rock n Rolla"  Which I only saw during a minor obsession with Daniel Craig. 

Anyone else find it odd that Christopher Nolan puts all the same people in his movies?  Now I know that alot of directors use actors over again.  ie Leo and Marty. 

So I love odd movies.  Movies people would say are long drawn out and boring.  Love them.  So if you are like me I suggest:

"Never Let Me Go"  based on a book that I haven't read but will now read.  It's British and has Carey Mulligan, Kiera Knightly and the soon to be Spidey Anderw Garfield.  It's a few years old but worth the watching if you like almost boring yet interesting movies.

So I don't know if anyone else is obsessed with "Once Upon a Time" on ABC or if it's just my obsession with all things Snow White but I'm loving it.  I DVR it though it's not on my must list however I watched the marathon a few weeks back and I love it.  It's getting me pumped for "Snow White and the Huntsman"  Why do I like KStew?  I do though.  Though above all drooling to see "the hunger games"  I read all three books in three days which is not saying much for me.  I read alot.  I'm 29 and obessed with teen fiction.  Well I should give myself some credit I read "the help" and "the girl with the dragon tattoo." before seeing the movies. 

I always like suggestions of new or old movies or shows to watch.  I love to rent tv shows from the library that I never saw and watch them on a Sunday.  As if anyone is going to read this blog lol! 

So book Suggestion:

"The Hunger Games"  if you have not read which is highly unlikely.  or another fave of mine:

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"  I hope this gets made in to a movie.  It's told over a series of letters and is post WWII.

Currently at this moment I have "Avatar" on in the background.  Another movie I didn't see for so long.  It just didn't look appealing.  But of course one night when I couldn't sleep (or every night)  It was on and now I always watch it.  lol

Watch and Read oh and Listen,

Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment